Joseph M. Bruno, Sr.
Joseph M. Bruno is widely regarded as a creative, energetic and outspoken advocate of victims’ rights, particularly in difficult and complex cases of liability. He is a defender of class action procedures, seeing them as an important balancing tool in our complex society. He is a graduate of Tulane University and Tulane Law School (1978). In 1979, he went into partnership with his father, Frank S. Bruno, a well-known and respected litigator, most particularly in the field of workers’ compensation.
Joseph Bruno has been admitted to practice in all courts in Louisiana and Texas, as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Tax Court.
Joseph Bruno is recognized as an authority in class actions and particularly in class action management. His expertise in difficult and complex litigation has led to his representation of numerous claimants in class action and mass joinder proceedings involving racial discrimination, occupational lung disease, product liability, and wage and hour violations.
Joseph Bruno has been active in the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, having served on the Board of Governors for over 20 years. His goal is to build and maintain an aggressive firm that has the courage to fund and handle all types of complex and difficult litigation.
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 1978
- Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. - 1977
- Ducre v. Executive Officers of Halter Marine, Inc., 752 F.2d 976, 1985, C.A.5 (La.), 1985104314
- Ducre v. Mine Safety Appliances Co., 634 F.Supp. 696, 1986, E.D.La., 1986127750
- Bell v. J. Ray McDermott and Co., Inc., 1981 WL 290, 1981, E.D.La., 1981001417
- Catherine Fuqua, Et Al Vs. Gaylord Chemical Corporation, Et Al;, 22nd JDC For The Parish Of Washington, Docket No. 73351, Division “H”
- .) Casey Billieson, Et Al Vs. City Of New Orleans, Et Al. (Lead Paint Litigation), No. 94-19231, Division B, Section 15
- John Johnson, Et Al Vs. Orleans Parish School Board, Et Al; Civil District Court For The Parish Of Orleans, State Of Louisiana (Agriculture Street Landfill), No. 93-1433, Division “J”, Section 13, C/W No. 94- 5446, C/W No. 94-12996, C/W No. 95-13271
- Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 1981 to Present
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Association For Justice, Board Of Governors, 1984 to 2000
- Louisiana Association For Justice, Executive Committee, Board Of Governors, 2000 to 2006
- Louisiana Association For Justice, Council Of Directors, 2009 to 2010
- American Association For Justice, Key Person Committee & Task Force Committee, 1987 to 1988
- St. Thomas More Catholic Lawyers Association
- N. O. Opera Association, Board Of Directors, 2002 to 2010
- N. O. Center For The Creative Arts (NOCCA) Institute, Board Of Directors, 2003 to 2006
- N. O. Center For The Creative Arts (NOCCA)/Riverfront, Board Of Directors, 2006 to Present
- N. O. Center For The Creative Arts (NOCCA), Vice President, Board Of Directors
- Piazza d’Italia Development Corporation, Board Of Directors
- Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, Board of Directors, Present
- Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- U.S. Tax Court, 1985
Fraternities or Sororities
- Alpha Tau Omicron
- Whitney National Bank