Tragic Semi-Truck Accident Litigation
In most cases, truck accidents involve the most severe injuries and the likelihood of fatalities. The size and weight of trucks can do enormous damage in a split second, resulting in catastrophic wreckage. If you have suffered serious injuries or lost someone you love, work with our experienced lawyers at Bruno & Bruno to make sure that your case is in good hands.
Truck and other motor vehicle accident victims choose Bruno & Bruno to handle their truck accident claims because of our attorneys’ experience, their commitment to client service and our proud history of success. We serve North Shore and South Shore clients from our offices in New Orleans and Covington, Louisiana. We have been a family-focused and -operated law firm serving clients in our community for more than 60 years, and our tradition of excellence continues.
Truck Accidents In New Orleans: Common Causes
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has found that the leading pre-crash event prior to a semi-truck accident is when another vehicle enters the truck’s lane. Another common cause is when a vehicle is already in the truck’s lane and does something that initiates a crash. Finally, fatal semi-truck crashes also happen when the truck makes a move that results in an accident.
Conditions, behaviors and incidents such as the following can all contribute to devastating and fatal semi-truck collisions:
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Inexperience that yields unsafe lane changes, tailgating or speeding
In New Orleans and throughout Louisiana, statistics show that motor vehicle accidents, including truck accidents, are on the rise.
How We Can Help With 18-Wheeler And Commercial Truck Accidents?
Do not try to handle your tractor-trailer accident case on your own or with an inexperienced lawyer. Our attorneys have knowledge and experience with all aspects of truck accident litigation, including:
- Complex laws and regulations: There are numerous laws and regulations in the trucking industry. Knowledge of these laws is critical in trucking accident cases. Our attorneys explore weight limits, logbooks, possible load securing issues, hiring and firing policies of trucking companies, evidence or history of alcohol or drug use, and other related issues that bolster our clients’ cases.
- Insurance company negotiations: Compared to regular vehicle accident cases involving individuals, trucking companies and their insurance carriers have a lot at stake in major trucking accident claims. Our lawyers know how to work with opposing insurance companies to get you the full compensation award you deserve.
- Aggressive litigation: Our attorneys prepare carefully and fight these cases aggressively. They are not afraid of going up against major trucking companies in this type of litigation. They have done it before and have won.
If you or someone you love has been injured or even killed in a semi-truck crash, there are many reasons to choose Bruno & Bruno. If you have a truck accident case, our attorneys are ready, willing and able to assist you.
Contact Us – Free Initial Consultations
We want you to make the right choice of legal counsel, so we offer free consultations. You can meet with a lawyer and discuss your case without charge or obligation. Call us at 504-525-1335 or toll-free at 800-966-1335 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation.