New Orleans Personal Injury Attorneys
  1. Home
  2.  — 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  — Auto Accident FAQ

Our Car Accident Lawyers Answer Your Car Crash Questions

At Bruno & Bruno, our attorneys are here to answer your questions about auto accidents and car wrecks. With offices in New Orleans and Covington, we have been helping injured North Shore and South Shore clients for more than 60 years. If you have suffered injuries from a motor vehicle accident, then we are here to help you. If you have questions about the steps you need to take after a car crash, then our lawyers can answer them.

What should I do after a car accident?

The adrenaline rush that follows immediately after a car crash can make it difficult to focus. But there are specific steps you can take after an accident that can help. It is important to get as much information as you can, seek medical attention and call a lawyer right away.

Do I have to hire a lawyer after a motor vehicle accident?

An experienced personal injury attorney will be able to help you recover damages after you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident. Hiring a lawyer after you’ve been in a car accident will help make sure that your interests are protected and that you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damaged property.

What documentation does my lawyer need from me after a car accident?

A personal injury attorney will need to see any relevant documents related to your car crash, including:

  • Copies of insurance policies or cards from both you and the other driver
  • Copies of any accident reports filed by the police
  • Copies of medical records for any injuries sustained in the accident

The more information and documentation you can provide to your attorney, the better they will be able to advise you on your rights and claims for potential damages.

In a car accident in Louisiana, how is fault for a crash determined?

For insurance purposes, some states are considered no-fault states for a car accident. But Louisiana is considered an at-fault or a tort state. This means that whoever is at fault for the motor vehicle accident – and their insurance company – is responsible and must pay for any injuries or property damage that the accident caused.

The insurance company is making me an offer to settle my case. Should I accept it?

No. The insurance agent will likely make you an offer that seems generous, but bear in mind: No insurance company wants to pay a penny more than absolutely necessary. The odds are good that your case is worth a lot more than what you will get from the insurance company.

What if I don’t have auto insurance? Or what if the other driver doesn’t have car insurance?

There are a number of sources available for compensation. When both parties have insurance, it makes the process of obtaining compensation easier, but there are other options available. One of our experienced attorneys can find every source available to make sure you get the best compensation award possible.

How much time do I have to file a car accident lawsuit in the state of Louisiana?

Generally, you have one year after the date of the crash to file a personal injury lawsuit for a car accident claim against the other driver.

I am from out of state and got injured in an accident while in Louisiana. Can you take my case?

Yes. We regularly represent out-of-state clients injured in auto accidents in Louisiana.

How much does it cost for your services?

At Bruno & Bruno, we take every case on contingency. This means that our fees are based on a percentage of what we win for you.

What if I lose the case? How much will I owe?

Since our contingency fee is based on a percentage of what we win for you, if we lose, there is nothing from which to base a percentage. This means that if we do not win your case, you owe us nothing.

Get The Answers You Need From Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust

The most important thing you can do after a motor vehicle accident in Louisiana is contact an attorney from Bruno & Bruno. We have been serving clients for more than 60 years, and there is no charge to talk with a lawyer about your case.

Do not wait to talk with an experienced lawyer from our firm. Call us at 504-525-1335 or toll-free at 800-966-1335 or email us to schedule a free initial consultation.